Centre for Research & Development
The Centre for Research & Development at Rockland College (CRD), is a training and demonstration centre that coordinates workshops, seminars, symposiums, conferences and other trainings in areas necessary to develop Kenya's human capital requirements envisioned in the achievement of Vision 2030 strategic objectives.
CRD is a unit of Rockland College with a multidisciplinary network of over twenty associate consultants who are well versed in their respective areas of professional training. CRD also works towards poverty reduction, environmental conservation, food security, energy conservation and well-being for the most vulnerable population, and collaborates with a wide range of partners in Africa, Europe and USA.
- Additionally, CRD creates programs that develop the capacity of rural communities to;
- Initiate, manage and sustain rural innovations;
- Carry out new initiatives and innovative approaches to existing challenges in natural resource management, income generation, environmental energy conservation and food security amongst others;
- Actively participate in influencing the direction of development social transformation;
- Institutionalize democratic culture as a firm foundation for governance & development;
- Strengthen governance systems and gender equity for sustainable development;
- Enhance knowledge and agitate for positive change;
- Equip managers (multi sectorial) for applied research, participatory planning and action at county level;
- Strengthen mid-level managers in participatory research, planning, monitoring evaluation for health management at county level;
Influence policy in areas of governance leadership at county level.
CRD also runs the “The Critical Thinking Series”, which is an authoritative forum for exchange of ideas on topical issues affecting society.