The policies below are intended to promote academic excellence; discipline and growth in inter personal skills to allow for Rockland college graduates to succeed personally, socially and in the work environment.
Student Academic Policy
Rockland College students are expected to keep their academic performance above average for diploma and certificate programs. Every student should get a minimum of a pass grade in every module tested.
Failure to maintain these standards will result in a student's academic standing change from Good to Warning, then to Probation. If improvement is not made in the following semester, the student will receive a Letter of Dismissal.
Students who are academically dismissed may appeal their cases in writing within ten (10) working days from the date of the dismissal letter. Students are advised to occasionally check their academic standing and seek assistance from the Principal [or his designate] whenever they encounter challenges that may adversely affect their ability to excel academically.
Students are expected to attend all classes. Being absent from five classes in a three-unit course will result in the instructor giving a student an "F" grade for the course. Students are urged to contact their instructors in advance if they have to be absent from class. You are responsible for any course work due on the day of your return to class and any course work missed while absent. Missing classes due to sickness requires you to provide official verification (stamp, signature and address) from a doctor.
All students must make a formal application for graduation by the deadline date listed in the Academic calendar of their final academic year the commencement ceremony is held once a year.
Graduating seniors who achieve the requisite cumulative grade point average will be entitled to graduate with honours.
Students are encouraged to participate in extracurricular activities, such as sports, debates, environmental conservation, knowledge sharing in ICTs [IT Club] and social responsibility programs.
Participation in such extracurricular activities will be recognized and rewarded.
Students are expected to pay all the school fees as stated in the brochure depending on the course the student is undertaking. Additional fees that must also be paid are as follows:
Admission Fees- Kshs 1,000;
Boarding fees- Kshs 5,000 (per month); and
Caution fees- Kshs 1,000.
Rules and Regulations Governing Students' Life at Rockland College of Science & Technology.
- College services will not be accessed without full payment of school fees
- Punctuality shall be observed at all times. Classes begin at 8am and end at4pm from Monday to Friday exclusive of public holidays
- There will be no provision of special diet by the college
- No boarding student will be allowed to leave the school compound without the permission of the Principal
- Taking of alcohol and/or drugs while at the college is strictly prohibited
- Students are not allowed to meet their visitors without the permission of the Principal
- All students are expected to behave in the most accepted respectable manner and to respect the school authorities and fellow colleagues
- Any Examination irregularities/cheating will lead to immediate expulsion or disqualification (There will be CATS and Examinations as set by the lecturers)
- Every student MUST attend all classes and do their course work failure to which will lead to non-certification
- Any violation of the given rules may lead to disciplinary measures such as suspension and/or expulsion
- Dormitories assigned to a specific gender are out of bounds for members of the opposite sex.